Question
Posted by: storm | 2009-09-09

nordette

hi doc,

this is my 7th month on nordette. ive had break thru bleeding every month except for last month when i had no bleeding but just alot of discharge. now i started my new pack of nordette on sunday today il be taking my 4th active pill but ive noticed a little blood. and also my period only stopped monday night. my question is how long should it take for my body to adjust to the pill? i thot because i didnt get the bleeding last month that my body had adjusted already i really dont want to have this annoying problem again!!
is it true that the pill is less effective in obese women? and is the pill still effective at preventing pregnancy even if i have break thru bleeding? im 21 yrs old.

thanx alot for your help

Hallo Storm
If after 3-4 months you still have breakthrough bleeding you probably need a stronger pill. It will still be effective but it is very annoying... so rather discuss with your doctor/gyne.