Question
Posted by: storm | 2009-07-23

nordette

good morning doc,

i am on nordette i have been on it for 5 months now however every month im expriencing break thru bleeding sometimes at the of the last week of my active pills and at other time thru out my cycle i am currently on the 2nd week of my active pills and im expriencing break thru bleeding im 21 yrs old overweight was on triphasil before for 4 months but also exprienced the same and was switched to nordette. my question is should i wait before i change to another pill or should i change now? what pill can you recommend? and also is the pill still effective at preventing pregnancy if im expriencing break thru bleeding?

i have never missed a pill or taken it late i sometimes eat before and after i take my pill

please advise

many thanx

You are protected even if you have breakthrough bleeding. You probably should consider another Pill. Your next choice might be Diane 35.