Posted by: Claire | 2009-06-10

I last had my period in March 2009. I was on Nordette. I then stopped using it mid April, about a week before my period. Before that, I had unprotected sex and was so paronoid that I took the morning after pill, just before I stopped using nordette. After the morning after pill, I did not go back onto Nordette. I have not had my period ever since and I' m getting worried. I have done 3 pregnancy tests (urine) since then and they have been negative. The last one was end May.

Someone then advised to start Nordette again even if I' m not on my period so I started it two weeks ago and last night, I started my period, long before the red pills on the pack.

Please may you explain to me what on earth is going on and what I should do?

You have a hormonal mix-up from stopping the Pill at the wrong time (you should stop it in the placebo section) and then taking the morning after pill. Finish this pack and then stop and let nature sort things out.

I am on Yasmin at the moment. I have noticed weight gain and my bones are sore all the time.
I am considering switching to Nordette...... Is this good?
Please advise.

Posted by: Claire | 2009-06-15

Thank you for the response. My period is not stopping and is extremely painful and heavy. I take 5 days normally. I' m on my 6th day, with no signs of stopping. Instead, it' s heavy and has enormous blood clots. How do I stop the bleeding?

Reply to Claire