Posted by: Natalie | 2009-02-02

Nordet/Ovulation/Oestrogen + Progesteron

Hi Dr, I had my daughter 3 yrs ago - i didn'  t struggle to conceive at all. Afterwards I immediately went back on my pill Nordette. The year before last I skipped my period in December. In April 2007 I went off the pill as we wanted to try for our 2nd - I had constant irregular periods so I figured to go back on the pill to regulate my monthlys...I went off the pill as of Dec 08 again...but still I'  m constantly having irregular monthly'  s. I went to our local GP who diagnosed that I was not ovulating due to Nordette. He put me on some Oestrogen and Progesterone tabs - all is well but then I found out that if I miss those pills one day I start bleeding again. Do you think there are any other underlying problems, woudl you recommend I go to a gynae? Why when I miss a tab would I start bleeding...what would you suggest I do?
thx &  rgds

I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist as there may be an underlying problem. It is normal to bleed when you miss a pill as this drops the hormone levels.