Question
Posted by: SHIRL | 2010/11/08

NOODLES

I seem to get bloated when I eat bread, I only eat Brown or Selenium bread from Woolworths. Can I rather have 2 minute noodles for lunch everyday or will it cause me to gain weight. I also love Fin Crisp, the round ones, how many can I have for lunch with fat free cottage cheese.

Dear Shirl
If you tend to get bloated when you eat brown or selenium bread from WW, then you may be sensitive to wheat or to wheat bran or some other ingredient of these breads, like soy flour which is added to bread to lower the GI. 2 minute noodles have a moderate energy content (approx. 300 kcal or 1260 kJ per 60 g packet), so they should not cause weight gain. If you find that they also cause bloating then it may be a good idea to have some allergy tests done by your doctor to find out if you are allergic to wheat. Finn Crisps, which I understand are thin crisp breads may also cause bloating, so you will have to experiment to see if they give you a reaction or not. I would recommend three as a portion.

1

Dear Shirl