Question
Posted by: du | 2008/08/02

non-surgical treatment of keloid scar

I had an operation in December 2007 and I developed a keloid scar.My dermatologist prescribed Mederma and an injection.Its been two months and I' m not satisfied with the progress.I want to know what the most effective non-surgical treatment would be.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

A keloid scar is very difficult to treat. The most effective way to treat a keloid scar, is by injecting small amounts of Diprosone into the scar (what your dermatologist most probably did). Therefore, I recommend that you give the treatment time before considering any other procedures.

Kind regards

5
Posted by: A.G | 2008/09/23

I have keloids around my earlobe, my doctor said i should leave it but its causing discomfort to me. Is there anything i can apply to reduce it or is it possible for it to fall out its self

Reply to A.G
Posted by: Mandla | 2008/08/18

I have keloid as well on my earlobe and is irritating big time. How can i treat it or get the injection that is the same as MK' s. If there is any Doctor you can refer me to in Pretoria please do so.

Reply to Mandla
Posted by: MK | 2008/08/05

I have a keloid scar on my chest. It used to be really gross, all red and swollen. My doctor injected cortisone into it and then also prescribed a cortisone cream to put on. It took some time, but now the scar is totally the same colour as the rest of my skin and is totally flat. It is a scar, but at least not as noticable as when it was all red and swollen.

Reply to MK | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: lyn | 2015/09/26

Where r u n which doc was it

Posted by: Michelle | 2008/08/04

I also have the same problem. I had the injection etc. but nothing really helped. Seeing that you had your operation only Dec 2007 maybe you must find out about laser treatment for scars/keloids. I wanted to go for laser but had my operation early in 2006 and they said it won' t help because it is too long ago.

Reply to Michelle