Question
Posted by: Johnny | 2009/02/09

non-stop snot

Dear Cyberdoc
I got a cold about 2 months ago and have gotten better since then.There' s no pain or anything else. The only thing that' s bothering me is that the snot coming from the back of my nose has not stopped and I constantly have to spit it out or pass it down my throat. It does not come out of my nose though. Please help. Thank you.

Dear Johnny
Is the phlegm clear (like water)? if so, try using an antihistamine like Loratidine 1 at night for a week or so. If the phlegm is yellow or green you may have a low grade chronic sinusitis and you may need to get an antibiotic prescription from your doctor
dr Bets