Question
Posted by: Sisanda Masuku | 2011/01/07

Non stop period

I am 29 years old with two girls aged 8 and 18 months. I have been on my periods for the past six weeks. My regular Gynae said it should normalise after a month as he doesn''t see anything wrong with me.

My main problem is that i have not had a period since February 2008. I fell pregnant in November 2008 after having an ovarian cyst removed. My daughter was born 2 months early and the doctor could not explain why.

I am not using any contraceptives. Is there something I should be worried about? My mother had a similar problem and had her womb removed due to fibroids.

Is there something I shoyld be worried about

You should have a gynae ewxamination to check the uterus and cervix. If these are normal, a scan might be useful. If this is normal, it may be a hormonal problem which should respond to hormonal treatment such as the Pill.

1