Question
Posted by: Nel | 2010/02/03

non-stop period

hi. My last period started in the last week of November &  hasn' t actually stopped since then. It' s usually 2-3 days of heavy bleeding, then tapering off to light-medium flow for another 2/3 days (usually accompanied by very bad cramps for the first 2-3 days). but when this started, it was just spotting for 3 weeks, then suddenly a dam burst on the 12th Dec. After this it went back to spotting, with a few odd days of medium flow. It finally stopped on Friday 22/01 for a week &  now back to a steady medium flow. I thought at first that the period that started last week (from the 29th) was maybe everything going back to normal, but I' m still at a medium flow &  my normal periods usually only last 5 days. What now? I don' t have a sexual partner &  not on the pill &  33 yrs old

You would have to see a gynaecologist for a full assessment to see what the problem is.

1