Question
Posted by: Thapi | 2010/06/02

Non Stop Bleeding after giving birth naturally

I had a baby boy a month ago and since then the bleeding has not stopped.I dont know whether its my period or there is something wrong.

Mild spotting off and on might be normal at this stage. If it is heavy bleeding you should see your doctor.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/06/02

AFter you give birth, you will bleed for 4 - 6 weeks, whether you have a natural birth or a c-section.

At first it will e very, very heavy but after a few days it will be a bit lighter. It then gets lighter and lighter over time till it fades to a light pinkish colour and then to yellow and then stops.

If you are still bleeding heavily at four weeks, you should see your gynae urgently. If you are still bleeding at 6 weeks, then at your check up you must tell your gynae, as this is a problem (so don''t delay till 7 or 8 weeks before your check up).

Reply to Purple