Question
Posted by: AC | 2011/03/11

NON PAYMENT –  MAINTAINANCE

My Ex has not being paying maintainance as per court order. He still owes for Feb and has not paid for March. Been to maintainance court they not helpful.I am desperate as I was retrenched last Sept and had merely temp jobs since Dec. Can I go to an attorney for assistance. Pls Help

Expert ImageFamily law expert

You may approach an attorney to speed up the process. Your ex is in contempt of a court order and as such you will be able to force him to pay, or face criminal charges.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
Established 1935
1st Floor, 56 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town, 8000
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http: www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter.com/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys

5
Posted by: Janine | 2011/03/16

I''m in the same boat as you. It''s very frustrating. I''m pulling my hair out as the courts are very unhelpful.

Reply to Janine
Posted by: AC | 2011/03/15

Thank you all for taking the time to help. Greatly appreciated.

Reply to AC
Posted by: Val | 2011/03/15

If you are in Johannesburg you can also go to Tswaranang Advocacy centre, they are in braamfontein. They also assist with such issues. Good luck!

Reply to Val
Posted by: ME | 2011/03/14

Go back to the maintenance court and refuse to leave until they act on your request. Ask to speak to the maintenance prosecuter, the magistarte, the court manager - everyone.
Claim for the arrears.
Note: you can also claim from his parents

Reply to ME
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/03/12

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
Established 1935
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http: www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter.com/edivorce

Reply to family law expert