Posted by: lulu | 2011-04-07

non painful breast lump

Dear Dr, as you may remember, i am morbid obese. now recently i have found a " lump"  in my one breast, its not painful, it doesnt move, it feels elongated, there is no discolouration and i am confused. this lump is only felt when i am laying on my back. standing up, whether in a bra or not, it cannot be felt - well i cannot feel it. do you think this is just a fat globule. if anything what symptoms should i be on the look out for - if there should be anything wrong? thanks again for your advise. lulu

Any lump in the breast needs to be examined. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for a mammogram and an ultrasound. This is the only way to exclude a mere lyphoma or something to be concerned about.