Posted by: Julie | 2009-10-04

Non Hormonal Contraceptive options

I have been married for a year and have been on the pill for about 8 years (originally for my skin). I am now 25 years.

I would like to move from Yasmin to a non-hormonal contraceptive method. I hear the IUD is very effective. I have also read that it is ideal for woman who have completed their families.

I would still like to have a family in about 4 years time and would like to know if there is any problem with me using a IUD?

Also how much can one expect to pay for this?

Thanks so much!!

THere is no problem using the IUCD as long as you are in a mutually monogamous relationship. The copper IUCD is not expensive, though yu have to factor in the cost of a consultation and fitting.

Posted by: Julie | 2009-10-04

Sorry - one more thing I didn' t mention... I havent had any children yet and haven' t ever been pregnant.

Reply to Julie