Posted by: Sick and tired | 2012-09-12

Hi DOc

Last week I had a gastroscopy and everything came back normal. I still have the odd bouts of nausea when I wake up in the morning, bad flatulence (which is almost always very smelly), fatigue, lethargy, anxiety and increased appetite. I dont have diarrea but have to go at least twice a day and the stool is quite soft.

I am taking 15mg Mirteron at night, .05mg alzam at night. My contraceptive is Nordette and in the morning I take pepacid (or something like that).

I am so tired of feeling off colour - what do you think could be wrong? I do have some psychological issues that are weighing on my mind causing anxiety - do you think this is just caused by anxiety or could I have some kind of bacterial / viral infection? H pylori was not detected in the gastroscopy in fact my stomach looked quite healthy - they did an abdominal ultrasound and it showed my liver was about 2cm longer than normal but they were not concerned.

Please advise soonest - I just want to know whats wrong with me.

There are a multitude of possible causes for your symptoms and I do suggest that you consult an internal specialist. He/she will investigate all avenues. Your anxiety can be the cause for all your symptoms but other causes like thyroid disease etc., must be eliminated.