Posted by: Marinda Pelser | 2009-10-30

How do I go about to get people to stop the noice? I stay in a flat and there is a Spar on the corner. Sasako and Allbany truks deliver bread between 5 and 6 in the morning and they make a make noice nobody can sleep or think. What can I do ?

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

This is a tricky problem because these companies will almost certainly legally be able to make these deliveries. Your best bet is to lodge a formal complaint, in writing, to your local municipal authority, and get as many signatures as possible from other residents in the area - and their testimony as to how this affects their quality of life. Then be prepared to follow up on this. There may be a compromise possible - delivery at a later time perhaps.