Question
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/10/17

Nodules pimples

Hi there,

Could you please give me advise on skin care.
(I am using Dermalogica cleanser and Annique night &  day moisturiser)

1) I''ve been getting these very big, red, hard and painful pimples. I am a 34 year old female and did not even suffer from this even as a teenager. I usually got it just before my period, but start getting it right through. Can you please recommend a product that I can use?

2) I was perscribed Purbac. It helps, I must admit, but is it safe to use as I am trying to fall pregnant?

3) I did some research on the internet and they recommend Benzoyle Peroxitine for blackheads... what products can I use that contain this or can I buy it in it''s natural form?

Thank you very much... I appreciate it

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Bee-Bee

Purbac should best not be used during pregnancy as it may possibly be harmful to the unborn baby. Your doctor should decide whether the benefits of taking this medicine outweighs any possible risk.

Benzac AC 5 is one of many products that contains benzoyl peroxide - As at your pharmacy counter.
Benzoyl peroxide can be used during pregnancy, but only with a doctor's approval. This chemical does absorb into the skin during use and it is not known if the chemical passes into breast milk. Most importantly, the safety of benzoyl peroxide in pregnant women has not been studied, so any affects to the fetus are unknown.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/10/18

Hi Bee-Bee

Reply to pharmacist