Question
Posted by: Jae | 2010-09-10

no Withdrawal bleed

Hi, i have been on Minerva for 2 weeks, was allergic and gynae told me to stop and take melodene. he said i must first wait to have Withdrawal bleeding, but...it''s been a week and still nothing.

Should i just start taking the melodene now, without having the withdrawal blood? i need to be on a contraceptive as I am getting married in two weeks?

Advise me please?

It is hard to tell you what to do without having more background. I don't know what your periods were like before, whether they were irregular or not. If you have only been on M inerva for two weeks, then it would have been best to finish the packet before changing.

2
Posted by: jae | 2010-09-14

thank you doc, i didn''t have regular periods before...at all. i started taking the melodene last night, but it seems like im allergic to this too. what now? as i am getting married next friday-i need protecetion but what if i can''t have contraceptives? should we use other methods?

Reply to jae
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-09-13