Question
Posted by: H | 2010/03/17

No Willpower

I am an obese 42yr old Indian lady. I use to be able to diet with no problems and even lost 27kgs at one stage. I have now put on more than that and have no willpower to diet. Please can you advise me on how to start again.

Dear H
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by surfing on this site. If you lack the willpower to stick to a diet and exercise then you could do a Search on the Internet for Innertalk who sell motivational tapes and CDs which may help you. Research has shown that dieters who also exercise feel more positive about their diets and tend to stick to the regimen more closely, so do try adding at least 30 min of aerobic exercise a day to your regimen. Try to walk for 30 min every day to stimulate your metabolism, start slowly and then increase how fast and far you walk.

1

Dear H