Question
Posted by: MRM | 2011-02-10

No support this time

been with this guy for 7 yrs however, broke up 2 years and have been friends or something like that ever since. he has never been there for me whenever i needed him throughout the course of our relationship or even after that.
he has apparently done something that left him guilt-ridden. he called me overthe weekend wanting someone to talk to and i turned me away. told him he cant tell me what he''d done as that might hurt my feelings and i wont be able to cope with it. Asked him to call his best friend to share his troubles with.
i have been feeling bad ever since as i felt that i couldnt be there for him when he needed me.

If he's never available and there for you when you need support, and you have broken off the original relationship, he can't really expect you to be there when he wants support, especiallym if it appears to be about something which would upset you and make you feel bad.

2
Posted by: Hard | 2011-02-10

Yet another example that being friends with an ex can be problematic.Once a relationship is over why be friends? Just cut contact! It always causes issues - civility if there are children from the union is as far as a relationship should go.

Reply to Hard