Question
Posted by: Joe | 2011-02-21

No Spleen

I just want to find out please, I have been living without a spleen for 30 years. My spleen was removed due to an accident when I was 20y old. I was asked by my doctor about a month ago if I had my annual vaccinations that I should have becuase I have no spleen. I said no, and to be honest I am not a person that really gets sick. My questions is, should I have these vaccinations annualy as the doctor said or not.

Hallo Joe
The spleen is important for your immunity so they do advise that people who had a splenectomy take a vaccine against pneumonia, meningitis and Haemophilus influenzae (Hib)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-02-21

Hallo Joe