Posted by: TASH | 2012-03-04

I am 32 and always had a high sex drive, had sex 2 times a day but now NOTHING,I am like a coldfish. Is there any medication on the market that my doctor can prescribe for me to help me as I can see this is bothering my husband.

Dear TASH,

There is no medication for sex drive for men or women, other than testosterone in cases where the lack of sexual desire is due to low levels thereof. In the case case of a women the factors that contribute to a women's receptivivity to sex and a sense of desire (which generally is mostly psychological than physical for women to start) are complex. The factors that could influence a women's sexual desire are also multiple. It could be the influence of an illness or its coinciding medication, it could be due to underlying depression or anxiety, it could be due to unresolved issues in the relationship, it could be the contraceptive you using, it could be due to issues in other areas in your life impacting on your desire etc etc.

I would suggest you see a sex therapist who could assist you in assessing all these areas and where needed if medical investigations are indicated, refer you and complete a comprehensive assessment. This may help identify the source of the loss of sexual desire which will then indicate the best course of action.

Posted by: TASH | 2012-03-04

I have read about all the causes for that but I have none of that. My sex drive is down and I want something to drink to help get it right please

Reply to TASH