Question
Posted by: Help | 2010-01-12

No Sexdrive

Please could you help me with some suggestions. My husband does not have a sex drive. He is not on any tablets, he is not depressed, maby a bit stressed out. I need advise on how to get him to " get better" 
Please help

your husband sounds like he is possibly having a sexual desire problem. medical factors as well as psychological factors (including stress) can contribute to it. some men who suffer with erectile dysfucntion can also develop a secondary desire problem. i would advice that your husband speaks to a general practitiioner or sexologis to exclude any underlying medical conditions and once they have been excluded than the two of you together with a sexual therapist can look at ways in which to increase his sexual desire. the sooner he seeks treatment, the better.

7
Posted by: Help | 2010-01-13

Rick.... What you said brought some insecurities, so i think that it was uncalled for! He is not seeing someone else, i am 100% sure of that, no doubt in my mind.
Samatha, Annon and Joe, what you say makes sence. He is just not prepared to go to a docter because he says he is normal and there is nothing wrong with him. I just wish that i can get this sorted out. I sometimes think that the fact that i cannot fall pregnant makes the situation worst. I need some solution that can make him WANT to go to the doctor but i dont know what!!!!!

Reply to Help
Posted by: Joe | 2010-01-13

Men are visually stimulated. Have you not let yourself go and he is no longer visually stimulated by you? Maybe introduce adult movies to spice things up.

Reply to Joe
Posted by: Samantha | 2010-01-12

Your husband should consider seeking medical advise from your GP. This lack of libido could be symptomatic of a physiological condition, e.g. diabetes, prostrate issues etc. The stress you refer to could also play a major part. Perhaps his system is " burnt out"  and all sexual desires are surpressed because of this. Ricks comment is short sighted, as there are many reasons for this state. Your husband is probably conscious of the fact that he may not be fulfilling your needs, so you need to deal with this in a sensitive way. He may be experiencing feelings of inadequacy and the way you deal with this, could exacerbate this. He may also struggle with the idea of having to seek medical advice, as this is a very personal issue. Good luck girl. I' ve been there!

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Anon | 2010-01-12

Thats a naive statement to make Rick. Are you relaying your own guilt experiences now? There are a multitude of reasons for this, ranging from physical to neurological to psychological. Please consider the consequences of your frivilous suggestions, as you may create unecessary insecurity at an already sensitive stage in Helps relationship.

Posted by: Rick | 2010-01-12

Its a bad sign, he might be getting it elsware? Best check his emailsnd sms' s and any suspicious activities.

Reply to Rick
Posted by: Rick | 2010-01-12

Reply to Rick
Posted by: W | 2010-01-12

I would also appreciate an answer on this mine is the same, he is in his late 40' s, he says he just does not feel the same about it any more and it is just not something he thinks about. Also has a very stressful job and not on any medication at all.

Reply to W