Question
Posted by: Carly | 2009/01/05

NO sex drive whatsoever

Hi Doc.

I’  m sure you’  re used to this question, and you answer it a lot.
I actually checked the FAQ’  s but I couldn’  t really get a direct answer.

I’  ve completely lost my sex drive. I’  ve been on Yasmin for a long time now, and I don’  t take any medication except for the contraceptive.
I guess it started about 2 months ago. There’  s no way to get me in the mood. Usually a nibble on the ear could do the trick but now nothing works.
It’  s frustrating because my BF thinks it’  s his fault, and it’  s not, I just can’  t seem to become aroused, and I never become in the mood on my own.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

While the contraceptive pill is known to reduce sex drive it is unlikely that Yasmin will do it ( very low hormone level) and if you have been taking it for a long time all the more so.
Sexual problems that develop gradually over years normally have a physical cause. Problems that develop quickly … and where you can put a date on it – are normally cause by non physical problems. In particular, relationship issues, anxiety, depression etc and any incident that could cause this. Think back and see what could have caused it.

2
Posted by: Ralph | 2009/01/05

Yasmin destroyed our sex life too! My wife suddenly did not want sex EVER and this was for about 5/6 months until she went on Mercilon after a friend' s recommendation. I dont know what the difference is but I have my wife back :)

Reply to Ralph
Posted by: Ralph | 2009/01/05

Reply to Ralph