Question
Posted by: Angelica | 2012/05/17

No Sex Drive @ 27

Good Day, I wonder if you can help. I have no sex drive at all, hubby is getting irritated and actually thought I had someone else. But I told him I don''t. I have no intrest in other men, or being sexually intimite with them and with him. It really annoys me as we did have a time where we both enjoyed it. But after I had my daughter 2 years ago I just lost it some how.

What can I do? We are having problems in our Marraige due to this, and last week I felt like leaving him, but I can''t as I still love him and cannot do this to our kids (Boy 6 years &  Girl 2 years)

Please help me?

Unfortunately this is a very common occurrence and a frequent cause of conflict in a committed relationship. Ideally your hubby should read this message too...
There are a number of reasons why your sex drive may have declined...
(1) this is the normal and natural phenomenon where women's hunger for sex declines after a while (6mnths - 3yrs). Frequently this coincides with the birth of children and major changes in a couple's life, so it's often difficult to see this aspect
(2) the introduction of children to a couple's life brings with it stress, lack of sleep, difference of opinion in how to raise the children, exhaustion, and a seriousness...all of which may not have been present before and all of which can reduce libido
(3) many women leave their careers and may suffer adjustment difficulties or depression - this may reduce libido
I encourage you and your husband to have a look at the possible factors that might apply to you and then seek to address these TOGETHER - this is not necessarily just YOUR problem, it's a problem for the relationship and you both need to work to address it...and this does not mean to return to previous levels of desire, but most likely to reach a more comfortable compromise for both of you.

If you require additional support, I recommend you consult a sex therapist as a couple.

Claire - SASHA
For further information please consult SASHA's website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/05/17

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist