Posted by: flower | 2009-06-02

no sex drive

I have absolutely no sex drive. peopl said its because i' m on the Pill but i' ve been on it for 4 years and it' s only now the last 3 months that i have no libido. i went through a very tough time, i worked for a family friend of ours who i trusted with my life and then she screwed me over and i was retrenched 2 weeks before i got married. my husband syas maybe i never came to terms with what happened and now its affecting our sex life, could this be true? could it be that subconciously i never dealt with the anger and sadness and now its causing this????? PLEASE HELP

Some people do react to the Pill with reduced libido, but you're right --- if it has not done so for the last 4 years, it's not likely to start doing so now. Stress will do it, anziety and depression. Seeing a counsellor of the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy form ( CBT ) could help a lot to clarify the issues still troubling you and to find better ways of dealing with them effectively. Such a shrink could also assess your situation mopre broadly and check for other possible causes which might need to be attended to