Posted by: Sello | 2012-11-07

No Sex

i am a lady of 39 years old, been single for 8years now. don''t have kids. haven''t had sex in those years and i do have desire for it. is it healthy to abstain for so long even though it''s not by choice. i just don''t find the right guy.

It can not harm your general health if you abstain.In fact this is the safest option to prevent HIV infection. I have respect for you waiting for Mr Right - just do not confuse Mr Right and Mr Perfect...! There is however research suggesting an association between no children and long term abstinence and cervix cancer similarly to various sex partners/ promiscuity. If 8 years qualifies for long term, I am not so sure. It will be good if you still go for a regular check-up and pap-smear. In order to satisfy your desire, you may consider masturbation or the use of sex toy or even 'rent a gent'/ casual sex (with a condom) BUT the choice you make must be in accordance with your value system to prevent feelings of guilt, regret or disgust.This however will only satisfy the physical desire and not offer the fulfilment of a good satisfying relationship /companionship which secures ultimate sexual experiences. Deidre - SASHA

Posted by: XXX | 2012-11-08

A lot of people don''t have sex for periods of time,I don''t believe there is any harm in it all.
Clearly you do still have the desire/need,so look for the right guy &  you will soon be " back in the saddle" .
Why have you not dated in 8 years ! You need to go out and be " visible"  so men can see you and ask you out.Surely there must have been one guy in 8 years that was worth a try.Don''t be too fussy as you might never find him.

Reply to XXX