Posted by: Blanks | 2010-01-15

No semen when ejaculating

Sorry to repeat my posting here but no response on the " Ageing and sexuality forum" .....

I am a 55 year old male that has always had a very active sex life.It was discovered that I have an enlarged prostate a few years back but there is no sign of cancer etc.
My wife has lost interest in sex and I am lucky to get it once a month.What has recently developed, is that when I orgasm, there is absolutely no semen/fluid.It still feels like an ejaculation though.
Is this something I should be concerned about and go see a dr ?

in view of your history of prostate enlargement previously, i would advice you to see your doctor or a urologist. it is possible that the enlarged prostate may be affecting semen production or flow.
speak to your wife regarding her decreased desire for sex -could be medically related, hormonal or even psychological and she should also consider speaking to a medical practitioner or sexologist.