Posted by: Enough | 2010-01-08

No right answers from anyone

Hello doc

I don' t know where else to go. My bf' s mother has been sick for nearly two months. First the doctors diagnosed her with measles. After feeling better for a couple of days and then getting sick again the doctors told her it was a bladder infection. Up to date they now have told her she has Epstein Barr Virus or hepatitus B. They can' t tell us what is wrong with her. She' s been for so many blood tests, saying it is her liver. Today she can hardly stand up and she is in so much pain. At first when the doctors said it was measles her immune system might' ve dropped causing other sickness' s but now they told us she never had measle' s in the first place. Spots on her face were caused by an allergic reaction to sun protection cream. Where to now doc because we don' t know what to do anymore. She has terrible intestinal pain, diarrhea and constipation.

Look forward to your reply and thank you.

Unfortunately, your case sounds complicated and I do not have the oppurtunity to examine, as well as the results of all the previous blood tests. I suggest that she consults a physician/internal specialist with all the possible information, in order for him/her to formulate a proper problem list.

I trust that the specialist will be of assistance but please do not hesitate to post another question that I might be able to help with.

Please do understand that in such a case, a lot of information will have to be gathered.

Posted by: Enough | 2010-01-08

She' s been to specialists and has had more than one blood test. We are still waiting for results from the previous one.

Reply to Enough
Posted by: Bob | 2010-01-08

I am not a doc but i can give some advice that may be helpfull...

Have you taken her to a specialists or just a gp? if not i suggest that you take her to a specialist ASAP! I I would also suggest that you take her for a another blood test and get them to screen the blood for any abnormallity, that should give a clear answer.

Hope it helps

Reply to Bob