Question
Posted by: Anna-Li Van Der Merwe | 2010/02/23

No results on Low GI combined with excercise

My daugther is 17 1.8m tall - weight 86Kg. Low GI eating plan as recommended by Dietician - she follows this strictly. She visist the diatician every two weeks. She is also with a personal trainer at the Gym 3 times a week. Rest of the week 40 mins cardio daily. No weight loss at all for 4 weeks. She is trying so hard - why could be the problem?

Your response will be appreciated.

Dear Anna-Li
Your daughter's present BMI = 26,5 which is close to the top of the normal range, so it is possible that she will lose weight more slowly than someone who is obese. Then she has started doing exercise and is probably building muscle tissue which weighs more than fat tissue. Keep track of her vital statistics to see if she is losing cm, which would indicate fat loss even if her weight does not yet change. Check with the dietitian if your daughter is also sticking to her correct energy intake and ask the dietitian to give an opinion on why your daughter is not yet losing kgs. The dietitian may recommend that your daughter should have some blood tests done to see if she suffers from a hormone imbalance (e.g. thyroid, insulin or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PECOS), which could require medical interventions.
I hope your lass starts losing kgs now

1

Dear Anna-Li
I hope your lass starts losing kgs now