Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2012/02/07

No reflexes

Hi, I am 61 years old. Just been diagnosed with an under-active thyroid and I have no reflexes in my right leg and delayed reflexes in my ankles. What does this mean and how does it affect one long term?

Kelly

The under active thyroid can be the cause for your poor reflexes. I suggest that you wait until your thyroid count has normalised before you are concerned about the abscent reflexes. Usually an abscent reflex indicate that there is pathology of the nerve that supplies the limb with motorneuron function. If there is no paralysis, I would not be concerned.