Question
Posted by: Pat | 2012/10/31

No periods for 2yrs, but not menopausal

I gave birth to my last child in 2010 (I have 3 children) at the age of 40. I had placenta praevia and had a difficult labour then. I''ve been to 2 gynae  tests were done but no problems were discovered. I''m not menopausal but I''m not getting my periods at all. In the past I used to have period like pains at that time of the month, but this has since stopped. I am healthy and I have no problems and I wonder if there is anything wrong with me. I am 42 now, but I also don''t miss my periods at all. Should I stay as I am and forget about having periods ever.

You don't say what tests have been done, so it is difficult to comment on the cause. I would suggest you ask your gynaecologist what he/she thinks the cause is and what you should do.

2
Posted by: Pat | 2012/11/07

Hi Doc. I had ovulation tests and check for early onset of menopause. Neither of these showed any abnormalities. I am ovulating and everything seem normal, however still no periods. I was given Femodene and lastly Ovral to try and get the cycle going but after 3 months of Ovral still no result. Gynae suggested to either have an op to open up my uterus and investigate or stay as I am. I wouldn''t want an opunless necessary. I am not sure what to do.

Reply to Pat
Posted by: Pat | 2012/11/07

Reply to Pat