No period while breastfeeding

My baby is almost 12 weeks old and I am exclusively breastfeeding her. I haven' t had a period yet - is this because I am breastfeeding or does it take a while for your period to come back?
With my son, I remember my period starting sooner than this (I was also breastfeeding him)

It is likely to be because you are breastfeeding.

Hi Annonymous,

Its because of breasfeeding. My doctor told me i wont have periods for as long as im breastfeeding. I havent had mine in 8 months. Except now i went away for a 3days without breastfeeding when i came back home i started to get my periods again. I also posted a question to the Doc because im concerd about this.