Question
Posted by: Ronel | 2012/10/18

no period, what could be the cause?

I am 11 days late, never late more than 2 days before (I track my period). I am dizzy, have been sick to my stomache yesterday, this morning a bit sensitive to smell, i have cramps in my lower abdomen as though I am going to start my period but nothing happens. My lower abdomen also fees tight and swollen, it looks like I am 4 mnts preggers. I have a clear discharge. I had a pregnancy blood test done 3 days ago and came out negative, so this rules out pregnancy. What could this be? Should I go see my Gynae?

I really hope you can help me. I am really confused.

It could be a cyst or a hormone problem. I would advise you to see your gynae or GP.

8

Posted by: Ronel | 2012/10/22

Hi Nini, thank you very much. We were only planning on trying to conceive from Desember. So if I was pregnant I would have been very happy, so part of me did hope for a positive, but I actually feel fine (emotionally) now that I know whats going on. And a huge relief that I started my menstral cycle so I dont have to go the Gynae. I am however still confused as to why have I been having pregnancy symptoms. I am still dizzy, so I am going to test for blood presure tonight. Could be te cause. I had problems with low blood pressure few years ago.

Reply to Ronel
Posted by: Nini | 2012/10/22

I am not sure if you were hoping for a pregnancy or not, so I am not sure how you feel about starting your period. But the good news is that at least now you have an answer. Keep in mind that our periods do something change from time to time, and you may find that this is the new length for your period over the next few months.

If you are trying to conceive, good luck! I hope you are succesful.

If not, well, at least you can now move on.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Ronel | 2012/10/22

Just an update! I started my menstral cycle yesterday. and Ohhhhhh the pain! Never had it this bad before.

Reply to Ronel
Posted by: Ronel | 2012/10/19

Thanks Nini, I will keep you posted!

Reply to Ronel
Posted by: Nini | 2012/10/19

It could be evaporation lines... or it could be picking up HCG.

But a blood test is usually the most accurate way to detect pregnancy. I think waiting a few more days is wise - as you say you could have ovulated late, as well as implantation could have taken longer, which means your HCG levels could still be quite low.

Keep us posted. Look after yourself.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Ronel | 2012/10/19

I did both, both came out negative. First I did the HPT 3 times, every other day. I got what looked like a positve and then the line dissapeared maybe an evaporation line. Then a negative and then a negative, but when I looked at the test after the indication time there was a very vissable line, could also have been an evaporation line. To be sure I got a blood test done on 9days late and came out negative. I have a lot of pregnancy symptoms but no pregnancy? I dont think the blood tests could be wrong? could it? OR I could have ovulated late and had intercourse during that time and are a lot earlier than I think.
I am going to wait untill monday will then be 15 days late and will make an appointment to see my Gynae. I started to feel tingling in my breasts this morning, and they appear fuller than normal.

Reply to Ronel
Posted by: Nini | 2012/10/19

Did you do a Home Pregnancy test, or a Blood test?

Sometimes the home pregnancy tests arent 100% accurate - but you sure do sound pregnant.

Reply to Nini