Question
Posted by: Angel Eyes | 2010/08/23

No Period TTC

HI All
I am supposed to be starting my second round of Fertomid, to make me ovulate, but like last month My Period has not arrived! I am now on CD 35.
My Gynae says that it should arrive but if not I should take Duphaston to bring it on!
Any idea why my period''s should suddenly stop?
It was pretty regular up until last month!

Dear Angel Eyes

There are several possibilities, which should be considered apart from pregnancy. One of the main possibilities is that of an ovarian cyst, secondary to the use of Clomid/Fertomid, which is still sub-actively producing hormones and not involuting, as one would expect to happen in the absence of a pregnancy. The other possibilities are ovulatory failure, where there was no ovulation at all. I suggest you discuss these factors with your gynaecologist and if you are suffering form Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (PCOS) then it also possible that the dose of Fertomid/Clomid was insufficient to bring about ovulation and the dosage may need to be adjusted accordingly.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/08/27

Dear Angel Eyes

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert