Question
Posted by: Confused | 2012-02-20

No period, neg hpt, mild cramps &  headaches

My period was due last thurday. I took a home pregnancy test on thursday and again on sunday and they were both negative. I have been having mild dull cramps in my lower abdomen and headaches for the last week. Other than that I have no other syptoms indicating either the arrival of my period or of being pregnant. I am currently on thyroid medication. Could I be pregnant and my hormone levels not high enough to be detected yet or is it something else? Please advise.

I would suggest that your thyroid function is normal as this can affect periods.
The pregnancy test should be postive a week after a missed period.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-02-23

Posted by: Nini | 2012-02-21

Sorry for butting in here, but you are going to wait very long for the doc to respond.

My advice would be to get a blood test done. Are your periods always regular? It could be hormones, or it could be pregnancy, which a blood test should pick up by now. If the test is still negative, you will probably need to see a doc if period still hasn''''t arrived, as it could be hormonal.

Reply to Nini