Question
Posted by: EG | 2010/01/07

No period for two months, tests show negative

I have been on the pill since I was sixteen, then I got married at 24 and at 25 I went off the pill. My husband and I have not been using any birth control for the past 4 years and I have not fallen pregnant yet. But I have always gotten my period, and not skipped it once since I started getting my period at 16. I didnt think much of it when I skipped my period in November. I was working in a highly stressed environment. I though it would come back in December. Nothing... Not even now in January. So now it' s been two months. I thought then I was pregnant, but after two tests (the ones you buy at Clicks) they both show negative. I am going for a papsmeer tomorrow. Can it be possible that it' s the stress that causes me not have my period. I left the stressful job in July 09. So been home this time.

Has this happened to anyone who can give me some advice about what the causes can be?

Stress can cause missed periods, but there are other causes such as cysts and hormone imbalance, which your doctor will be able to check for.

1