Question
Posted by: anna | 2012/01/16

no period for 2 years with mirena and NOW suddely period

Hope you are very well....I have had the Mirena for about 2 1/2 years and havent had any period at all..Since yesterday ive got my period again..is this normal or is something wrong> 

My gynea is not available at the moment to discuss this and i cant get hold of the lady from the Mirene enquiries..

Please can you advise if the Mirena is still secure or is pregnancy now possible..

thank you so so much

Anna

Irregular bleeding can occur with the mirena, but you should have a check to see that there are no other problems with the uterus or cervix.
Pregnancy would be unlikely as a cause.

1

Pregnancy would be unlikely as a cause.