Question
Posted by: TC | 2010/08/12

No period - could it be the antibioartics

Sorry to bug you with this question but it looks as though the Gyno Doc is not answering

I have just finished a 10 day course of antibioartics (for bronchitus) and I am wondering if this could be the reason that my periods have not started. I am currently taking Minerva and I am already on the white pills. I know I am not pregnant.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Hallo TC
It could be. Antibiotics may inhibit the absorbtion of hormonal contraceptions, leading to lower blood levels. You may skip or have a very slight bleed. This is usually not harmful at all. A woman's risk of falling pregnant is usually higher when taking antibiotics if she doesn't take extra precautions like using condoms until she starts the next new package of pills.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/12

Hallo TC