Question
Posted by: Mimi | 2011/09/13

No Period but not pregnant 8 months postpartum

below is my question that I posted last week (for background), I took a pregnancy test on 12 September which came out negative, so it is normal to have abnormal periods after childbirth?

(I have a 7 month old baby who I currenly breasfeed during the night and on weekends - I went back on my periods last month (30 July 2011), before I fell pregnant, I was on a 28 day cycle and usually went on my periods 4 days before the last menstrual period first date. If I calculate in terms of that Im now 4 days late. Could I be pregnant? If so, would my unborn baby be at risk since I had a c-section just 8 months ago? )

If you have a negative pregnancy test, you are probably not pregnant. While you are breastfeeding , your cycle may be irregular. Even if you were pregnant, the baby is not at risk. However, if you are not planning a pregnancy, you should use contraception.

1