Posted by: Remo | 2009-07-21

no period, but negative preg test

I am 29with a 22month old boy. I have stopped taking triphasil on the last red pill. (i' m trying to get pregnant) I had a period for 3days last month, which is not usual as i normaly bleed for 6days. After that, my discharge was lumpy, although it looked a normal colour. That went on for about 2weeks. I' m supposed to get my period last week friday. But didn' t. hence took a preg test, which turned out negative on sat and again yesterday. Do i have a hormonal problem, or is it just too early to do a preg test?

It is probably just your body adjusting to being off the Pill. Give it a bit more time.

Posted by: Shoani | 2009-07-22

I m in the same boat, i came to this site this morning wanting to pose that question to the Gynae, i got so frustrated cos i m trying as well, I had an ectopic in May' 09. The Dr who operated said everyting lookd fine i can try again. Its been a month full (19/06-19/07)since i saw my menses and i have been so angry drinking thinks that will trigger it without success.
My sister suggested that it may be that i took flu medication and antibiotics can result in such things.
Still, if I m not pregnant then i wud rather have my menses i blive.

I m hoping for a undertandable reply from da Doc.

Reply to Shoani