Question
Posted by: RB | 2010/04/12

No period &  ovulation problem

Good day. I (28 years) have a history of ovulation problems. I am currently trying to get pregnant with my second child. I have not been using any birth control for 6 months. Since not being on any birth control my cycle got further apart each month. I went to my doctor &  got clomid 50mg. The problem is that I have not started to menstruate (today is day 45) &  therefore I can not start to use Clomid. I''''ve done a pregnantcy test (6 days ago) just in case, but it was negative. I started getting light cramps during the past few days, it almost feels like I am about to start menstruating, but nothing happens. Do you have any advice for me? Thank you.

Dear RB

It appears that your ovulation problem is persisting as you have been having irregular menstrual cycles after stopping the oral contraceptive pill. Before starting the Clomid it would be advisable to find out if there is no presence of ovarian cysts and to rule out any other causes as to why your period has been particularly prolonged this time. It most likely would be an anovulation cycle and if that were the case then you doctor would need to give you some medication to bring on the period so that you can then start the Clomid.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/04/21

Dear RB

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert