Question
Posted by: Soft | 2009/07/01

NO PERIOD AFTER 9 MONTHS OF LEAVING NIL- CONTRASEPTION

HI! NO SIGNS OF PERIODS AFTER LEAVING CONTRASEPTION(NIL-) LAST YEAR NOVEMBER.I WANT A BABY NOW

Dear Soft
If you do not fall pregnant within a year after stopping contraceptive, you need tests to see if there are any problems preventing conception. I usually suggest that the husband goes for a sperm test first - painless, quick and relatively cheap. If his sperm is healthy, the wife should go for tests to see if she ovulates, and if the tubes to the ovaries are open - this may involve examination under anaesthetic that can be slightly painful and costly. Best to do this at a gynecologist that specializes with infertility or at an infertility clinic at a provincial hospital.

1
Posted by: Been there | 2009/07/02

Hi , sorry but what contraception were you using? I was on 3 month injection, came off it for a year and still nothing (i wasn' t too worried). But the nurses do tell you to take the pill to regulate your menstrual cycle (yes, for up to a year).

Reply to Been there