Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2012/07/04

no period after 31 days and preg test is negative?

Hi doc, to cut a long story short, I went off the pill after 8 continuous years in December last year, had very regular periods, every 28 days, some time in March i fell pregnant but sadly 8 weeks later miscarried. Had the dnc done on 7 May, got my period exactly 28 days later, which was on the 4th June, so my next expected period was supposed to be on 01 July, but it still has not come?!?!?!?! Not even a hint of it to be on the way?! I went to the lab yesterday and did a blood test and it was negative so I have no idea what the hell is going on now. Anyone else experienced this? I don''t want to get my hopes up that the test was wrong etc and that I am preg only to discover that I am not so if you have any advise, please share with me...

The blood test is very accurate so pregnancy is unlikely. The missed period could be due to stress, change in diet, cyst or several rarer things. If nothing happens in the next two weeks, see your doctor.

1