Question
Posted by: Atiyya | 2011/04/11

No period 6 months post natal

I had a baby in October 2010. Iv been on the pill microvil for 4 months. I am still breastfeeding from 5pm untill 8am as I work during the day. My baby has started cereal in the mrning and purity in the evening, along with milk. Iv been told at the clinic to start a normal pill next month as breastfeeding will be established enough and it shouldn''t affect my milk. I have not started my period as yet. Is this a concern as it''s almost 6 months already? Will the normal pill affect teh production of milk? I want to continue breastfeeding for as long as possible. My milk dried up 6 months after my previous child. Thank you.

It is nornal not to have periods while on Microval and breastfeeding. The combined Pill may cause your milk to lessen.

1