Question
Posted by: Jitsu12 | 2011/10/10

No period

I went off the pill in December 2010, I had a period thereafter until I stopped in May 2011, I have been to a doctor who took all sorts of blood, and scans. The results of the test etc what that everything was normal there some very small spots on the scan however this was atrributed to the fact that I had not had my period since May. The end was result was that there was only two options: 1. Take fertility drugs if I wanted to fall pregnant or 2. Go back on the pill. I however am uncomfortable that the only solution is some form of medical drugs, both of which is an either or. Surely there are other solutions?

Dear Jitsu12

The possibility of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) should be considered (assuming premature ovarian failure/ menopause have been excluded). There are several alternative methods of treatment for PCOS including weight reduction, insulin sensitizers, ovarian drilling, etc. You need to discuss these options with your fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/10/12

Dear Jitsu12

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert