Question
Posted by: NN | 2011/04/21

no period

I have been on yasmin for 3 years and stopped taking them last year september. i have not had period since then. i am 27 years old i have been underweight till then but got to normal weight from october. my gyneo told me my hormone levels are very low because i was underweight and now that my weight is good i still need time for hormones to stabilize and i should wait till the end of the year. i am married and want to have children, is there something i could do to to help balance my hormone levels, for example taking evening primrose oil - could it help? i read that it is good but it could be bad if i am pregnant, does it mean that taking it now thinking of getting pregnant will be bad? and could it happen that I do get pregnant even though my hormone levels are low? sorry for so many questions and thank you in advance.

I agree with your doctor that it takes severaL months from the time you reach normal weight before your periods return. There isn't really anything you can do about this. Evening primrose oil is fine but it won't bring your periods back any sooner.

1