Posted by: atle | 2010-09-28

no period

i have been to the doctor after i missed my period for 3months and i tested negative to all pregnancy tests. last week i had a darkish drop of blood after i wiped nothing more appears. now i only have watery discharge not thick flows like my normal mentruation

Dear Atle
There are many reasons as to why menstruation may go away without the cause being a pregnancy. Your hormones need to be checked out mainly your prolactin and thyroid level to see that they are not interfering with your menstrual cycle. You also need to test if ovulation is taking place or not, in conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome may cause you not to ovulate. The presence of large ovarian cysts will also cause your menstrual cycle to be disturbed. So I would strongly suggest you see your gynaecologist so he can ascertain as to why your menstrual cycle has gone away and to give you the appropriate therapy.

Answered by Dr Dasoo