Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2008/07/06

No period

I am 28 years old and have a long history of irregular periods. I have been to EVERY good gynae out there and all they could prescribe for me is Diane or Minerva to help my cycle return, how ever once Im off this pill my periods stop too. So it's been difficult. Since age 25 they have become less frequent and now they are gone. However I recently heard of Fertility blend and took the tablets for one month and my periods resumed again, after that they have not returned and Im still waitng.

Help?

Dear Zoe

The exact cause of the bleeding disorder needs to be established. The problem may be due to several hormonal factors including thyroid abnormalities, high prolactin levels, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or premature ovarian failure or premature menopause. In some cases the problem may even be partially uterine as in the case of Asherman’s syndrome or other infective conditions of the lining of the womb. I therefore recommend that you complete a full investigation before using over - the - counter medications and treat the cause and not just the symptom.

2
Posted by: Zoe | 2008/08/17

Thank you, I will go see the doctor and get a full investigation.

Zoe

Reply to Zoe
Posted by: LL | 2008/07/08

Didnt your doc diagnos eyou with PCOS? Sounds like you may have it hence the irregular periods, you dont ovulate. Your doc needs to look at the possibility in order to help you.

Reply to LL