Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2010/03/20

No pay while training?

I got a job as a supervisor at a cleaning company. I would have to transport 3 cleaners to various houses and make sure they had cleaned well. That was not the case because the owner who was with also expected me to " lend a hand"  and make beds, clear and polish the wall units , not to mention wash floors in 2 of the houses which I did. After 2 days I was told that there were other applicants and I should only come back the following monday so that the owner could give them a chance too. Being the end of the month I sent my banking details to her and when I never got payment I phoned and was told that they do not pay you while you''re being trained, only when you go off with a team to houses on your own then they only start paying you and that takes 2 to 3 weeks. First of all, I never only worked as a supervisor I actually also cleaned. I want my money that they owe me.. is there any law that says they have to pay me, I''m sure this cant be allowed...the bad thing is that there is another advert in the paper for supervisors so that means they''ve been using woman and not paying them all this time.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: NO PAY WHILE TRAINING

Normally what one does is one gets a contract beforehand advising that you will receive no pay while training. If this wasn't done then you are entitled to pay.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/03/29

re: NO PAY WHILE TRAINING

Reply to labour lawyer