Posted by: Karen | 2011-06-17

No need to go

I''d like to know how I can request a blood test for possible celiac desease? I''ve been trying to sort out why i don''t have a need to go for up to 7 days and then also only with the help of a tablet that i get at the pharmacy called aloe laxative. I have an underactive thyroid and have constant pains in my arms, hands and legs/feet that affects my daily. I just want to try and test for all possible things as the doctors all seem to just prescribe laxatives of some sort.

I will appreciate your help - even possible suggestions on what type of tests I should request.

Thank you so kindly.

I strongly suggest that you ask your doctor for a referral to a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy. He/she will also be able to test for celiac disease. It is very important that your underactive thyroid is well controlled, as hypothyroidism will cause chronic constipation.

Posted by: karen | 2011-06-21

Thanks, Doc - your response is much appreciated :)

Reply to karen